Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day

  For some of you out there in the world August 23 was simply another Monday in your life. However, for those of you poor creatures out there like me it was the beginning of the next 9 month long life-draining event. That's right! School has officially started. Which we all know means early mornings, crazy teachers, designated food times, and homework. Pretty much the definition of lame.
  I actually managed to crawl out of bed at five flippin thirty in the morning and sleepily make my way into a decent state of appearance. Since it was the first day of school Dad drove me there instead of making me ride the bus. When I got there I felt so alone. Everyone was freaking out and getting all kinds of excited to see all the people they knew and missed over the summer. Normally that would have been me as well if it was my first day back at Montgomery, but it was not. It was my first day at Magnolia where I know a total of 2 people. OK maybe I know more. but I'm only friends with 2. Shaile, my bestest besty of all time, didn't have signal so I couldn't call to see where she was. My other friend, Chase, threw a hey in my direction then went on with his business. So I got my schedule and got lucky enough to run into shaile finally.
  Pretty soon after that the bell rang so I made my way to first period through crowded halls. Algebra was my first class. The teacher, Mrs.Luce, seemed very nice. She was very organized and color coded everything, yet was scatter-brained as well. Very much like me. She assured there will be much homework, so that should be fun. Luckily I like math. Next was history. The class seemed pretty laid back but I could tell my teacher, Coach Westmoreland, is a big lecturer. Normally I could handle that, but every other word out of his mouth is "uh". It drives me insane. Then I have chemistry with Mrs.McGill. Instantly I could tell that is going to end up being my problem class. Shes not really strict with rules or anything like that. Like she allows us to listen to ipods in class as long as there turned down so that we can still here her. Shes a big time pusher though. Shes the type of teacher that will go out of her way to make sure you do everything exactly correct and don't try any short-cuts. I am a big Short-cut kinna girl. Wish me luck with that one. Forth period is english3 with Mr.King. I'm really looking forward to his class. Its more than just reading and worksheets. He leads more of a discussion based class. Its very interactive and makes me think for myself. The way he teaches allows me to express my opinion and have my own views instead of only taking in a bunch of information. Its more of a two way straight. I love that. My last three classes should be really easy. The teachers are so laid back and don't care about little rules. I have psychology, web tech, and a food class. At least when I get tired  in the middle of the day I can get lazy!
  I suppose overall it could have been way worse. I did make a few friends... sort of. They have the potential to be friends. For now I guess there only acquaintances. Potential friends is enough for me to start off with though. Well see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment